The Louisiana Research Collection (LaRC) s one of the world's larger archives of the American Southern Jewish experience. We have a particular emphasis on preserving the contributions of Jewish institutions and individuals to the cultural development of New Orleans.
The department's holdings pertaining to Jewish Studies are particularly interesting in that they span every range of human endeavor. Jewish studies are interwoven throughout the holdings of the Manuscripts Department, and appear in all fields and subject areas, including art, medicine, business, literature, and politics. While we have tried here to compile our collections which pertain more directly to the Southern Jewish experience, we encourage researchers interested in Jewish Studies to view the other subject categories in this web site when researching this topic.
Because our Jewish Studies holdings are so extensive, we have divided them alphabetically by collection title. Please choose from among the following selections for holdings information.
- American Civil Liberties Union -- Butler, Pierce
- Cable, George Washington -- Friend, Julius. W.
- Glucksmann, Theodore A.-- Kuntz, Rosemonde E and Emile
- Land Transaction Series -- Moyse Family, Genealogy
- National Council of Jewish Women -- (Stuart) The Ruth McEnery Stuart Clan, Records
- Temple Sinai --Young Men's Business Club