The Louisiana Research Collection depends on financial donations to help fund special services or purchase acquisitions it could not otherwise afford. You may make a donation by credit card online or by sending it to the Head of the Louisiana Research Collection:
Leon Miller, Room 202 Jones Hall, Tulane University, New Orleans LA 70118, 504-314-7833, email@example.com.
You may also make a major gift to the Louisiana Research Collection or take advantage of one of our naming opportunities. Major gifts can include
- Bequests made through a will.
- Deferred gifts that provide you or others with a life income and then benefit the Louisiana Research Collection.
- Outright gifts, such as cash or marketable securities.
Naming opportunties include creating an endowed fund, an endowed position, or naming a room or department after yourself or someone you wish to honor.
- An endowed fund keeps the principal intact and uses only the income. The Louisiana Research Collection has several endowed funds to which you can contribute; or, we can establish a new endowed fund to support the Louisiana Research Collection for a minimum of $50,000 in your name or the name of someone you wish to memorialize.
- An endowed position would help fund a professional-level position in your name. For example, if you endowed the head of the department's position, it would become "The John Smith Director of the Louisiana Research Collection." That would be a high-profile way to honor someone while at the same time helping bring stability and continuity to our staffing.
- Another naming opportunity is the Louisiana Research Collection itself. For a major committment, we can rename the department "The Jill Smith Center for Louisiana Research."
Tulane's Office of Gift Planning will be happy to discuss such gifts with you. Please contact their office to learn more.
Tulane University Office of Gift Planning
504-865-5794 or toll free (800) 999-0181 fax (504) 862-8570.